Since the start of the pandemic, we have seen a deeply disturbing trend of anti-Asian racism in the country. We want to assure our Asian, Asian-American, Filipino and Pacific Islander students and families that as a Sweetwater Union High School District, we stand with you in your grief and alarm over the recent attacks and the racist acts.
This hatred has no place in our schools. We want to reinforce the urgency of actions to advance diverse, equity and inclusion at our district. We encourage each of us to rededicate ourselves to supporting our Asian, Asian-American, Filipino and Pacific Islander community.
See statement from Moises G. Aguirre, Ed.D. Interim Superintendent regarding the recent Georgia shooting
A dedicated group of educators are planning a series of Asian-American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Awareness events leading up to AAPI Heritage Month and the Ube Eats Conference in May 2021.
We look forward to your engagement with any of these activities. For any questions or clarifications please contact us at email@example.com
- APRIL 12 – Sign the online pledge #STOPASIANHATE
- APRIL 13 – Post #SUSHDSTOPAAPIHATE Infographics on your social media accounts
- APRIL 14 – Post a picture of your favorite AAPI business on your social media accounts
- APRIL 15 – Post an image of how you used your creativity to connect with your elders (use hashtag #SHOWHEARTWITHART) on your social media accounts
- APRIL 16 – Post resources to continue to be anti-racist on your social media accounts
AAPI – Friday’s Food for Thought Series –
Please join district educators at the
following link at 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm on
Friday’s starting April 16
- April 16 – Unpacking Asian Americans
- April 23 – Model Minority Myth
- April 30 – Roots of Race
- May 7 – Race and Im/Migration
- May 14 – Connection with other races (i.e. BLM,MeCHA, Chicano Movement, etc.)
- May 21 – Culminating event-Magkaisa “Ube Eats”
Check the @SUHSDMAGKAISA Twitter account for continuing #SUHSDSTOPAAPIHATE #STOPAAPIHATE information